It's been relatively boring around here. There is not much to report except for a couple feet of snow that dumped yesterday. From the time we moved here, I've heard so many people say things like 'There hasn't been any snow for years and years' and 'We never get any snow'...Ahem. Should I even mention that people have deemed this the winter of "snoverload" or "snoverkill?"
Yesterday, we got between 18- 22 inches of snow over about a 12 hour period. After this storm, news stations reported a grand total of 71.6 inches for the whole winter, making it the the worst winter since records have been kept (1885? 1895?). There are a couple more things that I would like to point out:
- The second worst snow in recorded history for this area was the blizzard of '96
- The third worst storm was December 2009
Let me tally this up for you. I have been (a victim?) involved in 3 out of 4 of the biggest storms/winters since the late 1800's. Yup, I was living in New Jersey during that blizzard of '96 and I certainly do remember it.
I am just that lucky, I guess.
Sigh.
At least I got to play hours of Mario Kart and other wonderfully engaging Wii games. I made a delicious Vanilla Fudge Marble cake. I drank copious amounts of warm liquids. I might have had some diet Cherry Coke, too. I cooked up some chili for dinner. I'm fairly sure there was a nap in there somewhere. Oh! How could I forget the homemade pesto pizza?YUM.
....I was going to end this on a high note, but....
The evening news just told me we are in for MORE winter weather on Monday?
I might need to go lay down now.
No comments:
Post a Comment