Friday, January 15, 2010

Dreams

In recent days, I have been the victim of strange and somewhat cruel dreams.

A couple nights ago, I was wandering through a random courtyard, when a pack of darling little puppies came romping my way.  The sloppy kisses and wagging tails melted my heart.  I spent all night playing, petting, and enjoying every furry moment. Wondering why this is cruel? You see, I love dogs. For as long as I can remember I have wanted one, but I cannot have a dog right now or in the near future. I have come to terms with this (plus, after at least a decade of intense wanting, I think I got this self-control thing down), but it appears my subconscious is toying with my emotions.  I went through the day scorning my dreams and its choice of material. It’s like if I were on a diet (hah! hypothetically speaking, of course) and I had to dream about splurging on an endless chocolate buffet. Yeah, like that’s going to curb my appetite. C’mon, have some sympathy!

The dreams continued last night, but this time I was strapped into some sort of sling shot-airplane roller coaster contraption. Everything was great except for the  lovely stomach-dropping, head-spinning, vomit-inducing, flying through the air with my eyes squeezed shut, hoping that I make it out alive part. It is just not the way I would like to spend, what is supposed to be, the hours my natural beauty grows. So, to my subconscious, I would like to make a small request: Stick to my usual dreams (gorging on key lime pies, awesome superpowers, etc) and please don’t make me plummet towards the Earth like that again.

If I had to choose between the two, well…maybe the puppy dreams weren’t that bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment