Yes, I am a college graduate. I believed that once I was finished it would be the end-all be-all of accomplishments. Of course, I looked forward to that last final for five years, so why wouldn't it be everything I imagined? I changed majors three or four times, attended two universities, completed about 60 finals, endured some of the toughest challenges, and rejoiced in quite a few glorious moments - all leading up to my Bachelor of Science degree.
Now, I am longing to get back to school. Perhaps, looking forward to finals is a bit of a stretch, but feeling the accomplishment is worth looking forward to. My longing will be over soon because I was recently accepted into an Accelerated Nursing program at DeSales University. Starts in May 2010 and finishes 15 months later!
Nursing? Yup, I have a good feeling about it. There are many aspects of nursing that I already enjoy (health, medicine, the body, disease, helping people) so putting it all together into application should be a natural progression. It won't be easy, but I am looking forward to the challenge and rewards! Besides, two Bachelor of Science degrees in about six and a half years? Not too shabby!
Very cool, Katherine!
ReplyDelete